7 Jan 2015

REFLECTION / REFLEXION

WELCOME 2015!

via


NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS ",  or as I called them a year ago New Intentions......

This year I am going to keep it simple, yes, SIMPLE because i usually:




tend to complicate things
 tend to worry too much. 
procrastinate a lot, la, la, la...
keep setting perfection as a goal
tend to not leave my comfort zone





via


         5 WAYS TO LIVE SIMPLY THIS YEAR




  • Not living unconsciously but AWARE of small things that I normally take for granted. And so, I shall start a journal where I will write down those moments that make me smile. We must learn to savour small, authentic moments that bring us contentment - Sarah Ban Breathnach wrote in Simple Abundance -. 


    via
  • Adopting a new state of mind about HAPPINESS: as Daphne du Marier wrote in Rebecca: "Happiness is not a possession to be prized; it is a quality of thought, a state of mind". "If we are to live happy, creative, and fulfilled lives, it is crucial to distinguish between our wants and our needs". My wants are to write a post more than once a week with original content, but my needs are to feel relaxed so that I feel creative so that i can come up with more original content. Last year I found myself becoming increasingly frustrated. I wanted to dedicate more time to this blog and felt guilty if I didn't keep up with the weekly blogging; Life kept interfering. So this year my aim is to do more 'faffing' (new word i've just discovered in the beautifully descriptive article from Mademoiselle Poirot, link here).

via
  • Live mindfully: I am making a conscious decision to include mindfulness in my daily routine via meditation. As I read this amazing book, Thrive, by Arianna Huffington I more and more realise how important it is to set aside time to slow down and be present.
via


  • Sleep more: this is a biggie for me. I was am in the habit to stay up quite late every night, instagraming, and pinning in Pinterest so 2015 calls for a digital detox for me.


via





  • Exercise more: I think Lola (my scottie) will really love me for this since this year I will go back to longer walks...



via

  • Attend more to my garden: Gardening is a great therapeutic way for me to switch off.

via

And so, now is your turn....... What are your New Year's Intentions?
All the best for you in 2015.

Love,
Margarita










2 comments:

  1. OK Margarita I finally think I can now comment on your blog !!

    I love your writing, it flows so well and you write like a professional and very eloquently it is unbelievable to think that English is your second language.

    I too love to 'Faff' I use that word quite a bit so made me smile when I saw it appear on your blog. I find its the best way to get a job done in a relaxed way so that it doesn't appear like hard work.
    My biggest resolution for this year is not to procrastinate so much over everything and just do it, I had worked on it last year but need to get serious now !
    As a family we definitely need to have a digital detox and now if only I could get to work in the kids to sleep more that would be great.
    This blog is so relaxing and lovely xx

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips