15 Oct 2014

FRONT DOOR MAKEOVER

I've finally grabbed the bull by the horns and decided to tackle a long waited project, that is, change the colour of my front door.





































 
It was always around Christmas time that I kept asking to myself, why did I not paint the door in such and such colour, the Christmas wreath would look much nicer if the door was painted ( I must clarify that originally the door was varnished teak).....The thing that kept me stopping was the choice for the "right" colour. I jumped from red to blue, from off white to black.


source manon21

I wanted something timeless, relaxing, serene and welcoming as opposed to a heylookatme kind of a colour.  I finally settled in a beautiful greyish/bluish from Farrow & Ball called Down Pipe for the exterior surrounded by the door frame in Pointing, interior in Pointing as well, and I'm just loving it.

 ----------

Finalmente me decidí a llevar a cabo un proyecto que tenía en mente durante bastante tiempo: pintar la puerta de entrada a mi casa.

Era casi siempre en torno a las Navidades que me hacía la pregunta de porqué no habría pintado la puerta, la corona navideña quedaría mucho mejor en una puerta pintada (debo aclarar que la puerta era de madera barnizada).....Quizás el motivo por no llevarlo a cabo antes era la elección del color "apropiado". Pasé del rojo al azul, del blanco roto al negro, pasando por verde...

Quería un color por el que no pasara el tiempo, relajante, sereno y acogedor en lugar de uno que gritara "hey, mírame". Así que tras varios meses me decidí por un precioso gris con tonalidades azules de Farrow & Ball llamado Down Pipe para el exterior con la moldura alrededor (como en la foto de arriba) en Pointing, un blanco roto que contrasta perfectamente....y la verdad es que me encanta.



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips